Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Then, I saw you.




I saw you, ethereal and dressed in white,
Watching me as I rest, only just last night.

At first I was scared and thought it to be a dream,
You reassured me that everything was just as it may seem.

You took me to a place full of people crying and in sorrow,
When I asked what this meant, you told me I will understand all tomorrow.

As clear as you presented yourself to me,
The events that followed would be put down in history.

I spoke of what I saw and knew, something I shouldn't have done,
You warned me that people would laugh at me, thinking I was nothing more than dumb.

It was good to see you, to feel your hand on mine,
Something I had been longing for, something that always kept me in line.

I wish I could see you just one more time,
to tell you I love you and that I'm doing just fine.

Maybe I'll get one more chance just to say hi,
But for now my love, I must painfully say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment